opinion briefs on this topic
Americans greeted the news of the 9/11 mastermind's death by taking to the streets and joyously chanting "USA, USA!" How inappropriate, say some commentators
Revelers gather in Washington D.C. and New York City to commemorate the long-awaited conclusion of the decade-long hunt for Osama Bin Laden
Obama informed Americans of the al Qaeda leader's death in an unexpected televised address. Did his tone do justice to the extraordinary occasion?
America's No. 1 enemy is dead. Does that mean we can declare victory?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- SNL tackles Vladimir Putin's Ukraine invasion, politically and personally
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
Subscribe to the Week