opinion briefs on this topic
Americans greeted the news of the 9/11 mastermind's death by taking to the streets and joyously chanting "USA, USA!" How inappropriate, say some commentators
Revelers gather in Washington D.C. and New York City to commemorate the long-awaited conclusion of the decade-long hunt for Osama Bin Laden
Obama informed Americans of the al Qaeda leader's death in an unexpected televised address. Did his tone do justice to the extraordinary occasion?
America's No. 1 enemy is dead. Does that mean we can declare victory?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 4 life hacks from ancient philosophers that will make you happier
- The Daily Show explains Hamid Karzai's 'Afghan Hustle'
- The end of academic freedom?
- Mitt Romney, 2016 frontrunner*
Subscribe to the Week