opinion briefs on this topic
General Electric, Whirlpool, and other mega-companies are sitting on gigantic piles of money. And they're storing those piles in other countries
Mitt Romney says 47 percent of Americans are "dependent on the government." But the tax code is at least meant to help poor families become financially independent
America faces a true financial crisis. The president has responded with a hackneyed political gimmick
The president wants to slash the tax rate on businesses — but raise corporate tax revenue by eliminating loopholes
Nearly 100,000 government workers owe a collective $1 billion in unpaid 2010 taxes — including employees at the Treasury Department and Government Ethics Office
Not necessarily, according to an AP "fact check" that's being embraced by the Right
The president wants a new tax rate for wealthy Americans — inspired by billionaire Warren Buffett, who pays a lower tax rate than his secretary
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week