opinion briefs on this topic
Pakistanis are united in condemning a brazen attack on a 14-year-old girl, but it's an open question whether this anger will translate into real change
The country's Supreme Court kicks out Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, rattling an already shaky U.S. ally. What's next?
With Afghanistan in turmoil, the U.S. could use an assist from its prickly South Asian ally. Will Pakistan come through?
The al Qaeda leader's former hideout is now a pile of rubble. What did Pakistan gain by knocking it down?
What a ban on "vulgar" music says about a nation's evolving culture wars and its relationship to the West
An aerial assault on Pakistani military outposts outrages our mercurial ally and sparks a diplomatic crisis. Can the U.S.-Pakistan friendship survive?
U.S. intelligence officials believe their counterparts in Islamabad let China study the classified American helicopter lost in the bin Laden raid. Now what?
Islamabad and D.C. were already at odds, and now, Pakistan's detention of informants who fed America intel on bin Laden will likely make things worse
The circumstances surrounding bin Laden's death have increased tensions between Washington and Islamabad. What's next for this troubled diplomatic partnership?
Our South Asian ally is right to demand that the U.S. immediately halt drone strikes within Pakistan's borders
Pakistan gives the U.S. an ultimatum: Get the CIA out of the country and curb your al Qaeda-targeting drone attacks... or else
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week