opinion briefs on this topic
From Lance Armstrong to Condoleezza Rice, plenty of famous folks have reportedly turned down a chance at small-screen glory on the hit ABC show
The gold-medalist U.S. swimmer is apparently fielding offers to appear on Dancing with the Stars and The Bachelor — and possibly his very own show
TLC's latest reality TV show features a 6-year-old aspiring beauty queen and her road-kill-eating Southern family. It's appalling... but can you look away?
Randi Zuckerberg, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg's sister, is turning reality TV cameras loose on the often closed-off world of tech startups
The former Friends star flexes her comedy muscles by ridiculing ABC's popular reality TV dating show alongside Ben Stiller, Kristen Bell, and Ken Marino
TV watchdog groups worried that the shock jock's crass humor would mar the family-friendly talent competition — but a jarringly warm personality emerged instead
The notoriously erratic pop supernova and the 19-year-old Disney Channel star will join Fox's singing competition next season as judges... for better or worse
Two African-American men are filing a class action lawsuit against the producers of the ABC series for its longstanding failure to cast a non-white bachelor
As the Discovery Channel cancels the popular survivalist series, a look back at some stunts that really made audiences squirm
In NBC's new reality series, Jessica Simpson, Nicole Richie, and Elle MacPherson challenge designers to make clothes that real people will wear
Simon Cowell is reportedly wooing the "Baby One More Time" singer to the Fox reality singing competition. Big mistake?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- 10 things you need to know today: March 8, 2014
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out?
Subscribe to the Week