opinion briefs on this topic
Days after stepping down as CIA director, Petraeus agrees to tell Congress what he knows about the deadly attack on U.S. diplomats in Libya
Will Clinton's mea culpa shield President Obama from Mitt Romney's criticism over Obama's handling of the deadly Libya attack?
A GOP-led committee aggressively questions State Department officials about the assault that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens. What happens next?
Republicans accuse the Obama administration of trying to cover up evidence that the Sept. 11 Libya siege that killed four Americans was the work of terrorists
Mitt Romney and other Republicans are attacking President Obama for stonewalling on what really happened in Benghazi
The American quest to spread freedom to autocrat-ruled nations is widely popular among foreign policy wonks. Too bad it doesn't work
After the West's much-ballyhood intervention, Libya is dominated by a complex tangle of violent militias — and the chaos is spilling into neighboring countries
Saif al-Islam wants to face war crimes charges at The Hague — reportedly because he's afraid of what will happen if his countrymen catch him
Human rights activists demand justice after cell phone photos of the deposed Libyan dictator's last moments suggest he may have been tortured
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Driverless cars may be an environmental disaster
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
Subscribe to the Week