opinion briefs on this topic
TIME's Jeffrey Kluger bids a not-so-fond farewell to Richard Nixon's half-baked plan for an expensive fleet of 'low-orbit space trucks'
After nearly two decades of distant exploration, the shuttle took off on its final mission on Monday. Here's a look back at its many other endeavors
Thousands of employees pose for a unique photo honoring the end of the space shuttle program
A powerful video collage reminds viewers of the wonders of cosmic exploration. Can the space agency learn from its message?
The first private spacecraft to successfully circle the planet has landed back on Earth. How significant is this feat?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- When will the Big One strike California?
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Entrepreneurs: A dying breed?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week