omehow the pet industry manages to sell $55 billion a year worth of products, despite the fact that it shills things like dog panties. The specialized short shorts — which come in cummerbund, panty, and thong styles — claim to help protect homes from the young and the incontinent, prevent unwanted pregnancies, and, of course, project a sassy sensibility. A look at eight more frivolous pet products:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 14 decadent chocolate cakes you'll want to make immediately
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This is what happens when you blow a celebrated theory wide open
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Thousands gather in Moscow to protest Crimea occupation
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a Rand Paul vs. Hillary Clinton presidential campaign look like?
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- This week I learned the best way to cool your mouth after eating a hot pepper, and more
Subscribe to the Week