NA tests show that John Edwards is the father of Rielle Hunter’s 18-month-old daughter, said The National Enquirer. The former Democratic presidential candidate confessed to an affair with Hunter after the Enquirer revealed it last year, but denied that the child was his. “Rielle had no choice but to demand John take a DNA test,” a friend of Hunter’s told the tabloid. “She was worried about getting long-term financial support for her daughter.” Edwards had no immediate comment.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Attack of the invasive species
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
Subscribe to the Week