Read more about the facts mentioned:
Do figure skaters get dizzy when they spin? (New York Daily News)
Abba admit outrageous outfits were worn to avoid taxes (The Guardian)
Some animals eat their moms, and other cannibalism facts (Gory Details via ScienceNews)
National clown shortage may be approaching, trade organizations fear (New York Daily News)
Listen to more audio explainers:
- How snowstorms can teach us to build smarter roads
- This week I learned it wasn't originally supposed to be a 'Midnight Train to Georgia,' and more
- Our favorite fake presidents from movies and TV
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
Subscribe to the Week