iant George, a Great Dane that stands 3-feet 7-inches at the shoulder, has just earned the Guinness Book of World Records' official designation as the world's tallest dog. But the dethroned champ, a 3-foot 6-inch Great Dane named Titan, isn't taking it lying down. Titan's owner, Diana Taylor, says Guinness mis-measured George, and that her deaf, partly blind, and epileptic Great Dane is still the tallest. George's real measurements, Taylor alleges, "were conveniently removed from his website when it became obvious that this dog is..."4 inches shorter than Titan." Is Guinness in for a fight? Below see videos of both contenders for the coveted title of world's tallest dog:
Giant George video: The new champ:
Titan video: The former record-holder:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Captain America won over China
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week