he "hang-dog look" is sweeping New York, says the New York Post. Everywhere you look this summer, the PuppyPurse (from $35) is enabling the city's most fashionable dog owners to turn pint-size pooches into eye-catching accessories. A pet carrier that's mostly straps, the purse has attracted critics, who say dogs get distressed when carried with legs dangling. Users of the harness counter that by saying that their Chihuahuas and Yorkies enjoy getting air-cooled on hot days. Whichever side is right, a small dog strung from the hip sure looks great with a simple shift and heels.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
Subscribe to the Week