"It's never too soon to set a child on the road to mega-consumption," says the Los Angeles Times. And the new Porsche Go-Kart ($900) does the trick. Built for young drivers who weigh up to 110 pounds, the pedal-powered, steel-framed über-toy features a sport seat, composite rims, low-profile inflatable tires, and Porsche's familiar Stuttgart coat of arms. The trouble with the long slog of childhood, up until now, was "the complete lack of luxury vehicles." Suddenly, being a kid doesn't look so bad.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- The case for killing law school
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: No matter what, broadcasters lose
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Putin's risky bet in eastern Ukraine
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
- 10 things you need to know today: April 21, 2014
Subscribe to the Week