New Hampshire man lost his life savings on a carnival game as he tried in vain to win the grand prize, an Xbox Kinect. Henry Gribbohm, 30, was playing a game called "Tubs of Fun," in which you throw balls into tubs. He quickly lost $300, then went home to get the rest of his life savings — which he subsequently lost. All told, Gribbohm lost $2,600 and left with only a stuffed banana.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
5 surprising facts about left-handed people
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
Subscribe to the Week