California junior high school has amended its dress code to ban leggings for girls, claiming that they can be a classroom distraction. "Leggings have become popular among girls and many are sheer," said the school's principal. "When girls bend in leggings the threads spread and that's when it really becomes a problem."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- How to make homemade marshmallow Peeps
Subscribe to the Week