even years ago, Evie Branan suffered a stroke that put her in a semi-coma. Then, in May 2011, she tumbled out of bed in her Michigan nursing home, hit her head, awoke, and spoke these nine magical words: "I want to go to a Bob Seger concert." Tonight, Branan gets her wish. A limo will pick the 79-year-old up and take her to the performance, which she'll enjoy from the front row. To top it off, she'll get to meet Seger and the band. "I'm going to hug him and give him and great big smooch," Branan told NPR.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: March 9, 2014
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
Subscribe to the Week