New York City mother reportedly purchased a $6.5 million apartment for her 2-year-old daughter, according to a local real estate agent. "She said, well, her daughter was going to go to Columbia, or NYU, and so she needed to be in the center of the city," said the agent. "So I said, 'Oh, how old is your daughter?' And she said: 'Well, she's 2.' And I was just shocked."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- The contentious policy at the heart of Cliven Bundy's armed standoff with the government
Subscribe to the Week