n unsuspecting Arby's customer in Asheville, N.C., was wowed recently by a surprisingly long curly fry she found in her meal. The spectacular spud measured a whopping 38 inches — a full four inches longer than the current world record for longest curly fry. The woman, Kim Medford, is looking into submitting the gargantuan fry to the World Record Academy for consideration.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week